NOTICE: We apologize, due to venue constraints we are not accepting new members and guests at this time. Monthly meetings will be open to current FFC members only. We do encourage residents who are interested in joining our club to get on our waiting list. Just send your name and phone number to email@example.com When space becomes available we will contact you in order received.
THE VILLAGES FRESHWATER FISHING CLUB (FFC) – The Club meets the second Tuesday of every month (except June, July and August) at Lake Miona Recreation Center. Doors open at 6:30 PM, with the meeting starting at 7:00 PM. Usually, there is a program consisting of a guest speaker who is knowledgeable about local fishing opportunities and techniques. The meetings last about an hour. Club membership consists of over 300 Villages residents, whose fishing experience varies from the beginner to those whose knowledge is based on a lifetime of experience.
NEAR-TERM MEETINGS & EVENTS
- FL Bass Tournaments Click on this link to see ALL fishing tournaments in this area.
- January 14th, 2020……This months guest speaker will be local guide and custom rod builder, Capt. Zack Slankard. Zack always provides members with the latest tips and tricks that make fishing Florida waters a fun experience. There will also be a raffle and two lucky members will win a guided trip with Capt. Zack.
- January 21st, 2020……JANUARY FISHING TRIP TUESDAY
ST JOHNS RIVER ASTOR FL Castaways On The River 25131 Blackwater Ln
4 Person Pontoons: $45.00 per angler due at sign-up (no charge for boat owners)
Equipment: Responsibility of the angler. Bait avail at Astor Bait And Tackle 352-759-2600
Lunch: Castaways Restaurant 23525 St Rd 40 352-759-2213 On right heading West.
Refunds: All fees are nonrefundable as we have to reserve the boats in advance.
Cancellation: If inclement weather threatens we will notify you within 20 hours
Deadline: Sign up by Friday 1/17/2020
Contact: Steve Felix 352-753-5211 cell 608-780-0598 firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 11th, 2020……This months guest speaker will be Pro Angler Trevor Fitzgerald of Fitzgerald Fishing. We were pleased to have Trevor join us for our third annual “Pro-Challenge” and we look forward to hearing about his new product line.
- February 12th, 2020……Pre-tournament participant meeting, 10:00 am, Pimlico Rec. Center. All updates/modifications to tournament will be discussed.
- February 18th, 2020……(Rain Date Feb 19th) Annual Villages Bass Fishing Tournament. Now in its 11th year this event gives anglers the opportunity to catch some nice fish and possibly win some great prizes. Open to Villages residents only. $20 entry fee includes Bass tournament and awards dinner. Register at La Hacienda Rec. Center. Signup deadline Feb 7th, 2020. For tournament rules or more information call 753-1716
- February 20th, 2020……Tournament awards banquet, 6:00 pm, Lake Miona Rec. Center. Great food, door prizes. and awards presentation.
- February 22nd-23rd, 2020……19th Annual Villages Outdoor Expo. This two day event showcases a number of outdoor activites available to Villages residents. Fishing, kayaking, sailing, R/C model cars and boats, scuba, biking and archery are just a sampling of the participating clubs. As always the Freshwater Fishing Club will provide visitors information about fishing opportunities here in central Florida.
- February 28, 29, and March 1, 2020……Millers Boating Center Open House 1661 NW 57th St., Ocala, Florida. This is always a great show to attend at least one of the days. Many manufacturers will be in attendance with booths and their products on display, along with several hundred boats, and several Pro Bass Fisherman throughout the weekend.
- March 10th, 2020……This months speaker will be FFC member and Club Secretary Jim Jones. Jim will instruct members in the many ways to fish a “Ned Rig” This method has been around for a while and has quickly become a very popular especially when water temps have dropped.
- March 17th, 2020…...R&R Fishing Clinic – Pres Randy DiSanto & VP Rob Husson have an in depth on the water (Village Pond) FREE fishing clinic. You must be a member to participate. Sign up at meeting. This occurs every 3rd Tue.