NOTICE: We apologize, due to venue constraints we are not accepting new members and guests at this time. Monthly meetings will be open to current FFC members only. We do encourage residents who are interested in joining our club to get on our waiting list. Just send your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org When space becomes available we will contact you in order received.
THE VILLAGES FRESHWATER FISHING CLUB (FFC) – The Club meets the second Tuesday of every month (except June, July and August) at Lake Miona Recreation Center. Sign-ups for trips, are accepted beginning at 6:30 PM, with the meeting starting at 7:00 PM. Usually, there is a program consisting of a guest speaker who is knowledgeable about local fishing opportunities and techniques. The meetings last about an hour. Club membership consists of over 300 Villages residents, whose fishing experience varies from the beginner to those whose knowledge is based on a lifetime of experience.
NEAR-TERM MEETINGS & EVENTS
- FL Bass Tournaments
- March 21st 2019 – Monthly Fishing Trip 8:00AM TO NOON
WITHLACOOCHEE & RAINBOW RIVERS Anglers Resort, Dunnellon FL.
Large Mouth Bass and pan fish
RENTAL BOATS: 2 person John boats $40.00 per angler.
4 person Pontoons $50.00 per angler.
No charge if you have your own boat. Sumter Co public ramp across the street.
TRANSPORTATION: Club will organize car pools.
EQUIPMENT: Responsibility of the angler. Bait available at Anglers Resort.
LUNCH: Blue Gator Anglers Resort
REFUNDES: All fees are nonrefundable as we have to reserve the boats in advance.
CANCELLATION: If inclement weather threatens, we will notify within 24 hours.
DEADLINE: Reservations in by Sat. 3/16/2019
CONTACT: Steve Felix 352-753-5211 cell 608-780-0598 email email@example.com
- April 9th 2019 – Monthly meeting at Miona Rec. Center. Doors open at 6:30 pm and meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm. This months guest speaker will be Gina Russo from Florida Wildlife Commission. Her presentation, “Catch and Release Techniques: Fishing for Conservation” covers fishing rules, proper fish handling, and de-hooking. She will demonstrate de-hooking devices and release gear. We will also be accepting nominations for club officers.
- April 16th, 2019 – R&R Fishing Clinic – Pres Randy DiSanto & VP Rob Husson have an in depth on the water (Village Pond) FREE fishing clinic. You must be a member to participate. Sign up at meeting. This occurs every 3rd Tue. from 8:00am-9:30am
- May 14th, 2019 – Monthly meeting at Miona Rec. Center. Doors open at 6:30 pm and meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm. Election of Officers followed by the showing of the Glen Lau documentary “Bigmouth”
- May 21st, 2019 – R&R Fishing Clinic – Pres Randy DiSanto & VP Rob Husson have an in depth on the water (Village Pond) FREE fishing clinic. You must be a member to participate. Sign up at meeting. This occurs every 3rd Tue. from 8:00am-9:30am
- June – July- August No meetings – No clinics