NOTICE: We apologize, due to venue constraints we are not accepting new members and guests at this time. Monthly meetings will be open to current FFC members only. We do encourage residents who are interested in joining our club to get on our waiting list. Just send your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org When space becomes available we will contact you in order received.
THE VILLAGES FRESHWATER FISHING CLUB (FFC) – The Club meets the second Tuesday of every month (except June, July and August) at Lake Miona Recreation Center. Sign-ups for trips, are accepted beginning at 6:30 PM, with the meeting starting at 7:00 PM. Usually, there is a program consisting of a guest speaker who is knowledgeable about local fishing opportunities and techniques. The meetings last about an hour. Club membership consists of over 300 Villages residents, whose fishing experience varies from the beginner to those whose knowledge is based on a lifetime of experience.
NEAR-TERM MEETINGS & EVENTS
- FL Bass Tournaments
- June-July-August, No meetings – No clinics
- September 10th, 2019……This months guest speaker will Senior Bass Fishing Charter Captain, Al Laman from VillageAngler.com. With over 40+ years experience fishing and guiding on Florida’s lakes and rivers he is sure to provide some great information to all who attend. There will also be a raffle where two lucky members will win a guided trip with Capt. Al.
- September 17th, 2019……R&R Fishing Clinic – Pres Randy DiSanto & VP Rob Husson have an in depth on the water (Village Pond) FREE fishing clinic. You must be a member to participate. Sign up at meeting. This occurs every 3rd Tue.
- September 26th, 2019……SEPTEMBER FISHING TRIP LAKE EUSTIS / DEAD RIVER / LAKE HARRIS
Dead River Marina 11611 US Hwy 441 Tavares, FL
LUNCH: Hurricane Grill
COST: $40.00 / per angler 4 person pontoon boats $50.00 / angler 2 person skiff no charge for boat owners. Fees due at sign up.
FISHING TACKLE: Responsibility of the angler.
TRANSPORTATION: Car pools will be set up by the club
CANCELLATION: If inclement weather threatens, we will notify within 24 hours.
DEADLINE: Reservations must be in by Saturday 9/21/2019
CONTACT: Steve Felix (352) 753-5211 cell (608) 780-0598 Email: email@example.com
- October 8th, 2019……After a great presentation at this years Camp Villages Fishing Derby we are pleased to have FWC Fisheries Biologist, Dan Nelson and FWC Resource Biologist Scott Bisbing as our guest speakers. They will describe and demonstrate the methods used in tagging and monitoring fish populations in our local waters.
- October 15th, 2019……R&R Fishing Clinic – Pres Randy DiSanto & VP Rob Husson have an in depth on the water (Village Pond) FREE fishing clinic. You must be a member to participate. Sign up at meeting. This occurs every 3rd Tue.
- November 12th, 2019……Come meet the pros and take a chance to compete in the Third Annual “Pro Challenge” This five pond, multiple team event allows members to fish with or compete against professional anglers. Returning for this years event will be “Pro Team” Captains, Shaw Grigsby and Tim Frederick along with our newest “Pro” Captain, Trevor Fitzgerald. Challenging teams will consist of club members and members of The Villages Recreation Dept. Also at this months meeting, Bill Brooker from Brooker Bait And Tackle will fill us in on what’s in store for their upcoming December open house.