Fishing Buddy

If you are looking for a fishing buddy, address an email to tvfreshwaterfishingclub@gmail.com

This email will go to all of the club boat owners. Describe your availability and skill level and any other information that would be useful to a potential partner.  If you are fortunate, you may be contacted by return email for a hook-up (pun intended). If not contacted, chalk it up to a “nothing-ventured-nothing-gained” exercise.

Jerry Lester, jerryclester@gmail.com.

14 Responses to Fishing Buddy

1. JOSEPH TAIBI says:

JOSEPH TAIBI
    I have an 18’ Bass Boat which I keep locally in storage on CR 301 and I’m able to trailer it anywhere I desire with my car, I only fish in the surrounding lakes, Griffin, etc. Recently the guys I went fishing with are no longer healthy enough to do so. I was wondering if anyone was interested in fishing with me. The reason I ask is that two people are safer together. I am free on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I don’t do weekends, due to the fact that some boaters are reckless and inexperienced. I like to go out before 8:30 am and back before noon, I try to beat the heat of the day. All you need to do is bring your pole, tackle box and lunch. If you are interested give me a call or leave a message 352-205-4675. I live in Belle Air.

• Steven Cothran says:

Hi Joe,
      I am trying to get out fishing this week. Any of the local lakes are fine with me if you are available. I also have a bass boat but would love to learn the lakes from someone that has been out. I have tons of equipment and can fish any technique.

Thanks,

I am located in DeSoto

Steve Cothran

2. dominick dorazio says:

I am at the Villages for the month of March and would like some information on what lakes and ponds are available to fish. I usually fish with a fly rod and top water flies like popping bugs.

• Dominic, the Harris chain is good. Large bodies of water. You need a boat. The retention ponds in the villages would be a good bet for flyrod and popping bug. Check the website for information on fishing the retention ponds.

Jerry Lester

3. Steve Fullerton says:

Anyone need a back seater for bass fishing? I’m in The Villages through 2/19/2019. I will share expenses. I have my own gear. Give me a shout.
    Thanks, Steve

4. John Shores says:

I am new to The Villages and just joined The fresh water fishing club. I also have a Sportsman G3 17 bass boat. I am looking for member who also has a boat and has knowledge of the local lakes. I would like to share fishing trips with. My boat is on trailer and I am willing to travel

• Steve Fullerton says:

John,
      My name is Steve Fullerton. I live in Chesapeake, VA and I fish for LMB in the lakes and rivers throughout the area. I’ve fished several ponds in TV and I’ve fished the Harris chain twice with a guide.
      I will be in The Villages Feb. 6 – Feb. 19. If you’re looking for a back seater during this time frame, please let me know. I’d be more than happy to help out with expenses. I have my own gear.

Thanks for your consideration,
      Steve

• John Shores says:

Steve,
        I would have been happy to have gone out with you. However I was out of town from the 7th and just got back on the 16th. Stay in touch when you are coming back.

5. Steve Fullerton says:

I bass fish the lakes and rivers in and around Suffolk, VA. I’ll be staying in The Villages Feb 6 – Feb 18. If anyone needs a backseater for a bass fishing trip, please contact me. I will, of course, share in the expenses. Thanks!

6. Don Kindilien says:

Steve does a good job putting these trips together. If you want to fish do this.

7. Phil Gasseling says:

In Florida for first time this winter from Nebraska/Minnesota. Would love to share trip/expense and learn how to fish Florida

• Ron Wendel says:

Phil,

I’m fairly new to the club also. The club seems to concentrate on bass, which is fine, but I wouldn’t mind getting 3-4 guys together, renting a poonton boat,and trying our luck concentrating on crappie for the day. If you have any interest give me a call.

Regards,