I stopped at Mickey D’s in Inverness Tue morning prior to fishing a monthly club tournament & saw some other anglers & met Ray Sutherland. Just making small talk when I asked Ray if he was registered for Trophy Catch? Nope…. I said you need to because you could win ca$h & prizes…. and even a boat. That got his interest. Later at weigh-in tournament director Bill Geans says “Hollywood (nickname he gave me) you better get your camera! The old saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words” …. you see what I mean. WTG Ray Sutherland! This is a definite Trophy Catch Qualifier!
In MY haste I forgot to ask all the important stuff such as….what’d ya catch it on, where, when…. after documented, the fish was released at the ramp and graciously swam away. There were 14 anglers…. 30 fish caught…. 1st place winner, with hometown advantage, Don Millich had 5 that weighed 10.35 …. Big Bass, shown above, Ray Sutherland 8.1 Lbs…. Sutherland only needed 1 more squeaker fish to capture the whole pot but only caught caught 2 for the day & his 2nd fish was small giving him 2nd place & not enough $$ requiring a 1099 🙂
4 days prior on Tsala Apopka, angler Phil McNeal, shows a nice 5.13 lber…. As the way it turns out, prefishing may show you a giant but the day of reckoning may prove something else. Nice fish Mr McNeal. You must have had a good guide!! In fact…. never mind.
Recent Tournament At Pan
- Central Florida Christian Bass Club had a tournament on Panasoffkee Jan 31st with the following results: 21 Anglers…. 30 fish caught…. total weight 60.97…. 1st place John Casteel 5 bass 17.05…. Big Bass Rick Morris 4.91…. I just had to throw this in…. Neil Kelly weighed in a behemoth .81 lbs…. hey when points matter you weigh em all.
Tournament Weigh In For You To Watch In Person
- Feb 14 at 2 PM Saturday – Dade City Bass Club will have their tournament weigh-in at the Train Ramp on 441 in Leesburg
- Feb 15 at 2 PM Sunday – The Harris Chain boat ramp on 441 called Buzzard Beach on Lake Eustis will be busy this weekend with American Bass Anglers ABA
- Bassmaster Classic Feb 20th thru Feb 22nd at Lake Hartwell – Greenville, SC …. you may be able to watch this on the internet LIVE – check it out on Bassmaster.com
- Millers Boating Center 24th Annual Boat Show & Fishing Expo Feb 27 th, 28, & Mar 1st http://www.millersboating.com/content.asp?nav=161802&cpid=47980&
- The Villages Outdoor Expo Feb 28th & Mar 1st
Gotta change from shorts & flip flops to long pants, shoes, socks, sweat band & fire up the mower. Awh the hell with it. HONEY I’M GOING FISHIN!
Hugs & Kisses sport fans.